Elder and Sister

Elder and Sister

Monday, August 10, 2015

August 9, 2015

Well- it's that time of week again. I'm sitting outside in my lounge chair just veggin' after riding my bike around the lake. It is very peaceful even though Interstate 90 is buzzin by. We had a special surprise this week with a two day visit from our good friends the Schwobes. She texted on Wednesday that her husband was determined they were coming. She is always so worried about "imposing" where David is more lets just go and say "hi". It was great. It was enough notice to get our floor swept and the paint shop cleaned up out of the living room. They got here in time for dinner with us on Friday and then Sat. Morning I worked hard and got lunch and dinner done so that we could spend Sat afternoon and evening with them. We went to Leavenworth, where the highlight was the beautiful flowers. We came back to our home sweet home and had Costco ribs I just happened to have on hand. Then a second rousing night of Penuchle! May I just say that the women held their own both nights which isn't always the case.

This was our last big week of girls camp. The next group is a huge group that rents the whole place and is called "The Church of the Blessing." There is something interesting about them, but I can't remember what it is. We'll have to fill you in next week.

Our group starts to dissipate this week. One of the wranglers goes off to college. Actually, now I think about it, I need to confess that the usual paragon of patience and kindness (aka - your mother) totally lost it this week with three of the young people here and had to be called in to the principal's office. The issue was regarding what time they showed up for dinner without calling to say they would be late (which, just to clarify, is the rule)....well they came in looking for food 40 minutes late and we were all but all cleaned up. Let's just say I did NOT win the battle and from now on the food has to be left out for an hour. Oh well, I am here but to serve - right?

Dads cold got much worse before it got better. He still occasionally goes into fits of coughing up a lung, but in general is feeling better.

Oh yes, one other thing. Jill, the manager's wife, has a beautiful vegetable garden. She has basically left town for 6 weeks and has asked me to hand water twice a day and harvest said veggies. The 10 species of tomatoes I can handle. It's the forest of romaine I have no idea how to do. It looks like I need a machete. I've got to go on the Internet to find out how. Homemade Salsa anyone?

Love - Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment