Elder and Sister

Elder and Sister

Sunday, August 16, 2015

August 16

As the official temporary sign maker this change has put a lot more pressure for me to make more signs to send more people to more places than ever before.  But, since it kept me busy for two and a half days I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I have made five light weight sawhorses that are easy for me to carry around and load in and out of my truck to post the signs on at major intersections. I keep them at my place so they are readily available when I need them.

We recently passed the two thirds  date of our mission so we have allowed ourselves to talk about what our life will look like when we come home. Things like: do we get Mom a car or try to share my truck; if so, what and when. When perusing car ads last night I shared with her the details of a used Toyota Highlander. She asked what color it was - like, I mean is that really important? The color was "Salsa Red Pearl" - since then she has been harassing me to have Ben go look at it and buy it so it is ready and waiting for her when she comes home- all because of the name of the color! Sheesh! What we guys put up with. She could care less about the age or the miles or probably the cost - it's all about the name of the color.

We are talking about whether and how much I will work - whether to paint or teach. And, of course we still haven't figured out if we will be stable on our retirement income. Your mother dreams and talks about trips - but I am holding out for an Alaskan cruise with my children and their spouses in a couple of years.

Mom is planning on giving service again at the Humanitarian Center. She will not be working making the big bucks as she officially gave up her license and certification - and of course working at Justice for Girls or Buy Buy Baby is out of the question.

(She would spend way more than she could ever make!) Needless to say we are facing full retirement and it is a little scary realizing we have no idea what we are doing. We just want to be with our family and friends - especially those of you that are reading this blog spot. That's all for now - love Dad

1 comment: