Elder and Sister

Elder and Sister

Thursday, November 12, 2015

November 12

Since I wrote last we were able to cross one thing off the bucket list and that was to visit Mt. Rainer. It was a beautiful clear day (probably the last one of the year) and we drove all around the base and we were about the only ones there, beautiful views that I'll always remember.

I check the weather channel daily to look at the forecast for snow or cold (freezing) as those are the two things that might necessitate our coming home early. However, now I have to check the weather cast hourly to see if it is going to rain - Because we have discovered a leak in the roof of the Motorhome. Luckily it is on Moms side of the bed so that so far I have not gotten MY socks wet! The problem seems to be with the bedroom slide out so if we keep the slide out pulled in - we're Ok. That however is a problem at night. Because it rains every night - and because it is a fact of life that old people have to use the facilities at least once in the middle of the night - it results in my dear sweet wife having to climb over me - without touching my toe - to get up and out. We are considering moving back onto our little house for the last three weeks, but that's a pain too.

Two days later: on our way to semi-annual zone conference in Belview. Mom was in charge of dessert for all - about 40. This she has been busy creating a holiday cake buffet (that would be 5 different cakes she made all from scratch) and are now being transported over the mountains and through the woods in the back of the Ranch Suburban. She warned the young Elders to not be messing around or get too rowdy or even think about getting close to her cakes!

Tried wrapping exterior of RV with a tarp - it didn't work . Still wet (as HER socks will testify).  I've offered to switch sides but she has everything "just so" and doesn't want me messing around with her stuff either. She does not want to move to little house - too much work. She would rather climb over me at night. So - --

It's three weeks from today that we'll be leaving - just right to finish up my family cabin project and paint ALL doors in the Lodge.


Love you all - Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment