Elder and Sister

Elder and Sister

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October 4

So the week before we came home our big event happened up here at the ranch. We had 2000 people here (old single adults and their kids). They needed to have big commercial tents set up so I've attached A video of the one literally right outside our door going up. It was fun to see the property thoroughly utilized.
As most of you know I was having an issue with my big toe (which is still an issue by the way) so we left up here and went home to see my own Dr., who needless to say wasn't nearly as worked up about it as Jimae and I were. He basically told Mom "to stay off the internet re: medical issues because they only have the worst stories represented."
We got to spend those two weeks with Ben and his family in our home. It was almost like we were supposed to be there to help support him in making the important employment decision and then so great to be there for the excitement once he did.
It was good to get back to feel like I could continue in this mission and accomplish something. My main new assignment is to refinish/ restore an old antique buggy/carriage to have one of the horses pull. It was donated by a member that didn't want to keep it around any more. It was in pretty rough shape - please see the " before" picture. Its always great to have my own project so I've taken a special interest in it. Once I am through with all the woodwork it will be taken to someone else to be reupholstered.
Our time is getting short so I thought we better finish up our "bucket" list for while we live here. Therefore on our last P-day we ventured in to the big city again and went to Pikes market place and rode to the top of the space needle. We still need to get to Mt. Rainier and the Columbia River Temple.

Hoping all your toes are doing well - love, Elder Kenney

No comments:

Post a Comment